- Active Directory DFSR Replication may fail after a “dirty” system shutdown – disable DEP for Apache server.
- Client locked out of Sharepoint home page – give the “Sharepoint Visitors” Group read only permission to the Calendar. Explain use of permission groups.
- Exchange 2010 not running – Forms Based Authentication Service and the RPC Client Access service had failed to start on the last reboot. They failed to start as there is another DC on the network, that is NOT a DNS server. When the server boots, it tries to talk to this legacy server, and it cant get all the Exchange information it needs, so the services fail to start. Install DNS on the other Exchange server.
- SBS 2011 Companyweb and Remote Connections not working – Enable port 987 in firewall, start RDP services and set to automatic.
- Scanned files not emailing – Scanned files were killed off by the Content filter. Whitelisted the scanner IP address.
So who wrote this blog and what do they do for a living anyway?