I’m very excited to announce that my Hyper-V Configuration Guide has been released to the SMBKitchen Project’s knowledgebase!
I walk through a number of critical areas in this guide relative to deploying a properly sized Hyper-V virtualization solution.
- Questions to ask the client
- Verticals they serve, software products used, data volume and growth
- Various solution grades
- Entry, mainstream/mid-level, and high performance configurations
- Needs analysis
- Find the top five key pain points for the prospect/client
- Bottlenecks in the system and how to address them
- CPU and Memory
- 10 seat accounting firm
- 35 seat architectural/engineering firm
- 55 seat manufacturing client
Each client type gets a number of options made available. Each option is explained with highlights of what they provide value for the client/prospect.
I believe this chapter in the SMBKitchen solution kit will be well worth your time.
And, when it comes time for the next Author’s Chat subscribers will have the chance to discuss and ask questions about the many points in this article!
Soon to come: Hyper- V Cluster Configuration Considerations
This document is composed of the pearls born of many a month of painstaking sifting through vendor’s documentation tied into much trial and error. :)
Our blog article on How to Subscribe to the SMBKitchen.
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book
Chef de partie in the SMBKitchen
Find out more at
Windows Live Writer