After posting about the Flash Cache clearing that we usually do via the online control panel we thought it would be a good idea to post some reading on safe browsing habits in general.
Security MVP Harry Waldron obliged a request for pointers with the following blog posts:
- Best Practices – Internet Safety for 2008 – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
- This is an excellent list of ways to protect ourselves both while browsing but also at our PC/Laptop level.
- This one is well worth the read.
- FBI Warning – Safety tips to avoid Scams and Internet Fraud – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
- Another excellent list of tips on protecting one’s self from being scammed.
- Twitter – Best practices for using it safely – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
- The key elements for Twitter safety.
- Facebook – Best Practices in double locking account privacy – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
- Securing a Facebook profile.
- Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS) – Blog Search Results for “Practices”
- Lots of good posts to delve into.
The following are pointers for Microsoft properties:
- Microsoft – Best Practices for Enterprise Security – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
- A check list for security audit
- Microsoft Security – Best Practices Home Page – Security Protection – Harry Waldron (CS)
The following article has some excellent tips on social networking:
- Zeltser Blog: 11 Security Tips for Online Social Networking
- This is an _excellent_ resource and reference for us and for our clients.
Have a great long weekend for those of us celebrating Canada Day Weekend and have a great Independence Day celebration/break next week to our US readers!
Thanks for reading. :)
Microsoft Small Business Specialists
Co-Author: SBS 2008 Blueprint Book
Chef de partie in the SMBKitchen
Find out more at
Windows Live Writer