Configuring Public Folder Calendars via ActiveSync
Kerio Connect supports synchronizing Public Folder items via ActiveSync to mobile devices. This works really easily for iPhone and iPad devices and should work for other ActiveSync-enabled devices, (but I haven’t had a chance to check). Here are the instructions for setting up your ActiveSync-enabled Mobile device to synchronize the public folder items from the mail server.
- From the web browser in your mobile device, go to https://mail.thirdtier.net.
- Before signing in, click on the “Set up my phone” (or “Set up my device”) link at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Folders to sync” link.
- Sign in using your webmail credentials.
- Scroll to the bottom of the folders list to view the available Public Folders. Click on each public folder (or any other mail folder, for that matter) that you wish to have synchronized to your mobile device. Then click Save.
- iPhone/iPad: Open the Calendar tool and click the Calendars button. Scroll down to the Third Tier account and click All Third Tier to enable display of all calendars.
That’s it. Now you can view the shared calendars from your ActiveSync-enabled mobile device.